Fourth Visit
Photos;
Date: 10/27/25
Time; 6:46
Climate conditions: It was pretty chilly but clear. the sun was out but it was beginning to get darker.
Temperature: 48 degrees
Length of day: Sunrise at 8:13 am, Sunset at 7:05 pm
Organisms observed: I didn't really see as many organisms as last time, there was one squirrel that ran along the path. I heard a bird coming from the north. I heard some rustling of leaves coming from farther down but i couldn't find what it was but it was probably another squirrel.
Changes noticed since last visit: The path was almost entirely covered in leaves. Most of the trees had a lot less leafs than last time. Most of the orange leaves had fallen off of them. Most of the green to be seen is practically gone. It was definitely the coldest of the visits and that was reflected on how many organisms I could spot. It was very quiet and the amount of people and cars in the parking lot was much less than in previous visits.
Other data: The amount of people has gone down a lot probably because it has gotten colder. It has been getting harder and harder to spot more organisms and the trail seems to be a lot more quiet.
Awe and Stewardship: My mom came with me for most of my visits and she doesn't just help me taking the pictures but she really helped me slow down and feel in awe at what is really happening. The spot I have been visiting has really started to look much different from what it originally was. The colors have changed from a bright green to darker orangish colors. I wonder how the amount of people and organisms that I will be able t spot will change by the end of the study and how different the spot that I chose will be.
Questions: I wonder why some of the trees' leafs fall so much earlier than others even though they look similar? What determines what leaves will fall first? Why do some trees still have so many leaves while other have practically none?
Great job! I love that your mom went with you and helped you slow down a bit. Bonus option: Find out the answer to your question. Post it with your last visit information and include the URLs for sources you used...think about the patterns you might have notice...that may help you get started.
ReplyDelete